Monday, September 24, 2012

~Reciplease: Casa Favorites~





I have a few recipes that I like to fix regularly. This is one I have fixed since Moe was 4. He loves it and I think it may be his favorite thing I make. Since it is relatively simple and really versatile I thought I would share.
                                                   
                             ~Chicken Spinach Mushroom Pasta~

Serves 4 adults

Ingredients: 
* four boneless skinless chicken breast thin cutlets( I use the Kroger brand for this recipe but I've also used Walmart..but they are thicker, take longer to cook and aren't usually as tender)
* half a box of pasta( I like angel hair best but I use whatever I have in the cupboard)
* an entire bag of spinach
*a whole container of mushrooms:your choice
* a Tablespoon of Olive Oil
* 1/3 a stick of unsalted butter          
* seasoning: Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, salt, pepper

Liberally season your chicken then put in oven @380 for 30-45 minutes

Boil your pasta.

Gently wash your mushrooms

Coarsely chop

add salt, pepper and olive oil then cook on low to medium heat 

Cook until golden brown. Dont let them get mushy. They should be a lil juicy but still firm.

Add your spinach to the wok.
This all cooks down to barely anything so just keep going....

lightly toss the spinach until its half wilted

At this point you should drain your pasta, and cut up your chicken in large chunks. Then add them to the mushrooms and spinach. The chicken may not be cooked through yet and that's fine. The heat from the hot pasta will finish wilting the spinach, and help cook the chicken. Add your butter and continue to cook everything together in the wok. Add more seasoning and toss. I usually do this around another 10 minutes or so. You can add other veggies, switch pastas or seasonings. The main thing that makes this dish awesome is how simple it is. Not many ingredients, relatively cheap, and it's somewhat healthy. You can use frozen or canned spinach and canned mushrooms for when the produce is more expensive if you prefer. Also, I have cooked it without any butter but it does taste better with it.  Enjoy! 

                            

         

No comments:

Post a Comment