Tuesday, March 29, 2011

~Oh So Good~


Today I got an out-of-this-world facial. I traded it for a massage since I still do it part-time. The lovely lady giving my facial told me I should just put canned pumpkin on my face straight! I've worked in 2 spas and this was the first I had heard of it. I said "yum!sold!" I felt a teensy guilty pampering myself and I felt my lovely readers should do the same..... So here ya go. It's not straight canned pumpkin , but.... wow it sounds as good as it probably smells! Enjoy!And don't worry about getting some in your mouth;)
 
 
 
 
 
Pumpkin makes an excellent face mask ingredient for all skin types, especially environmentally damaged or sensitive skin. High in Vitamin A (skin healing), C (anti-oxidant) and Zinc, the pumpkin soothes, moisturizes and acts as a carrier, assisting the other mask ingredients to absorb deeper into the skin and intensifying the results.
Give your skin this healing mask for a healthy glow!
Pumpkin Pie Face Mask
Ingredients
2 teaspoons cooked or canned pumpkin, pureed (see above for benefits)
one-half teaspoon honey (humectant, regenerative)
one-quarter teaspoon milk (or soymilk)(alpha hydroxyl acid, enzymes digest skin cells)
Optional Ingredients
For Dry Skin
one-quarter teaspoon heavy whipping cream (moisturizing; alpha hydroxy acid)
-or-
one-half teaspoon brown sugar (exfoliates, moisturizes, alpha hydroxyl acid)
For Oily Skin
one-quarter teaspoon apple cider (tonic action promotes skin circulation; alpha hydroxyl acid; regulates pH).
-or-
one-quarter teaspoon cranberry juice (high in antioxidants critically important to the utilization of essential fatty acids to maintain balanced, nourished skin.
Directions
Combine the ingredients for your facemask. Mix gently and apply to your face avoiding the eye area. Rest and relax for 10-15 minutes while your pumpkin pie facemask gently exfoliates, nourishes and conditions your face. Rinse with warm water and apply the appropriate moisturizer for your skin type.


Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/pumpkin-face-mask-vitamin-rich.html#ixzz1I2QEpTsd

No comments:

Post a Comment