Monday, November 12, 2012

~Reciplease: Perfect Cookie Edition~

Like everything else.. I'm super picky about even a simple chocolate chip cookie. I love my Mom... and all my friends and family but I really don't care for any of their chocolate chip cookies. It's nothing personal. I'm just a big pain in the ass. This makes it especially hard, because finding a good recipe/cookie has been really quite impossible. I have specific qualities that such a cookie meets: low to no crumble, no cake/fluff texture, dunkability (must maintain form after a milk dunk), slight chew, not over baked to a hard brick state, darker chocolate chips(we prefer dark chocolate in this house), a larger hand held size with portability factors, and only chips! no other nonsense! oats,nuts, berries, etc. this is a Chocolate Chip Cookie! that is all. So anyway, after years of baking and bitching.... I made my own recipe. It's super easy and super delicious and I like it. You can borrow this recipe if you want. To me it is perfect in every way... but you may not like it if you find any of the above qualities I just complained about somewhat tasty. If I'm using the calories on something naughty I feel it should be spectacular. Here ya go..

                                        ~No Bitch Super Rich Just Right Chocolate Chip~


Ingredients:
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 a cup of room temp unsalted butter
1/2 a cup of olive oil
2 eggs
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of salt
3 cups of flour
Half a bag of  Ghirardelli bittersweet 60% cacao chips

Directions: 
Preheat oven @ 350
beat/cream: sugar, oils, butter together 
add eggs and beat until fluffly
add all other ingredients and mix
do not over mix! it makes the dough tough
 add chips
make dough balls palm size then gently flatten onto sheet
bake @350 for 8 to 10 minutes depending how dark you prefer them
cool on a cold cookie sheet(not a rack) then place in a tupperware container 
* you can add a tsp of vanilla to this and it will be fine but I like the natural sweetness and saltiness of the recipe this way
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment