Sunday, April 10, 2011

~Fix Me Something Sunday~

Today we did yard work most of the day! But, before we did, Brian and I got up and went to Starbucks then took a nice Sunday morning stroll dtown.We took a peek through the point park gate and we could see the island!!(I'm so excited!) It was lovely and nice and he even picked me a tulip. What a romantic gesture ;) I'm very sorry for gushing about him sometimes...I'm sure it might be somewhat annoying to some.... but he really is the sweetest guy plus his beard is pretty stylin'. I'm pretty wore out but I did have enough energy to make Something for Sunday.....    
     


~Banana-Nana-Fo-Fanna-Triple-Berry Bread~
      
Mix together thoroughly{2/3 cup of sugar,1/3 cup of soft shortening(not melted),2 eggs}

Stir In{ 3T. sour milk or buttermilk, 1 cup of mashed bananas}* substitute 1 cup of buttermilk by adding 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar plus milk to make a cup(you only need 3 T. for recipe)

Sift together& stir in( stir as little as possible) {2 cups of sifted flour,1t. baking powder,1/2 t. baking soda, 1/2 t. of salt}

Blend in 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts(optional)

Pour into well greased loaf pan. Sprinkle frozen mixed berries(around 1 cup) on top of the batter. Let sit for 20 minutes before baking.

Bake @ 350 50-60 minutes

Don't stir it alot it makes it tough! It should look lumpy and kinda gross;)
I'm sure glad I wasn't feeling like her today.


~ Make sure you sample whatcha make!~



Yum!







~ No Comment. My mouth is full~

No comments:

Post a Comment